Join the Lake Sampling Workshop on June 22nd from 9:00 to 12:00 p.m. at the Cascade Cultural Arts Center at 106 E. Pine St. Cascade, ID 83611 to become a citizen volunteer scientist! This event will feature the University of Idaho Extention Water Educator, Jim Ekins, who will teach participants how to conduct standard water protocol and how to become a citizen volunteer to help monitor our lakes. Citizen volunteers can help collect and share important data and help our community respond to harmful algae blooms. This event is FREE and open to the public.
- Classroom and lakeside hands-on learning
- Habitat, chemical, physical and pharmaceutical parameters
- Network with local citizen scientists
- Learn about water quality monitoring tools available in our community
- Learn about bloom watch reporting
- Microscope viewing of collected material
This event is sponsored by Friends of the Lake Cascade and Lake Cascade Cyanobacteria Monitoring Collective.